How do we help our business owners?
The vast majority of our clients who are business owners have very similar concerns, and also similar opportunities that they do not feel they are maximising.
The concerns that many of them have are that:
- That the pension legislation changes in 2012 will cause an increase in costs, both as a result of pension contributions and as a result of increased administration.
- They are not extracting the profits generated from their hard work in the most tax efficient manner.
- That the pensions they have set up in the past are offering poor returns, and wont provide sufficient income in the future.
- That if something serious was to happen to the business owner or a key person in the company that profits would be adversely affected, the value of the company would be reduced and income could be at risk.
- That if they were to die, the shares of the company, plus their other assets, would not be dealt with in line with their wishes, or in the most tax efficient manner.
- That they would like to start drawing an income and capital from their retirement funds in the coming years, and that they are not sure the best way in which to do this.
The common opportunities that our business owners have are as follows:
- Introducing a company pension scheme prior to it becoming compulsory in 2012.
- Reducing the costs and increasing the tax efficiency of their existing financial arrangements.
- Identifying the most valuable employee benefits available to the company to aid staff retention and recruitment.
- Drawing their income from the company in a more tax efficient manner.
- Maximising the funds you have already built up for your retirement planning.
- Utilising the tax efficiency of pensions to hold commercial premises, or loan back money to the company.
So what do we do for them?
We help our corporate clients identify these opportunities and take measures to address these concerns. The Efficient Wealth Planning Process will allow us to do this for you. We have offices in both Rutland and London, so one of our expert Financial Planners is never too far away.