How do we help clients who are approaching or already at retirement?
The vast majority of our clients who are approaching or already at retirement have very similar concerns, and also similar opportunities that they do not feel they are maximising.
The concerns that many of them have are:
- That they would like to start drawing an income and capital from their retirement funds in the coming years, and that they are not sure the best way in which to do this, and whether they will have enough.
- That the pensions they have set up in the past are offering poor returns, are being eroded by high charges and wont provide sufficient income in the future when they need it.
- The lack of interest they are receiving from their savings.
- That Inheritance Tax will erode their family’s wealth.
- That they arent sure what level of income they are likely to be able to retire on and when.
- That their income will not be drawn in the most tax efficient manner.
The common opportunities that our clients who are approaching or at retirement have are as follows:
- Identifying investments and savings to ensure the maximum growth from their money, whilst reducing risk as they get older.
- Using Will & Trust solutions to ensure their estate will be dealt with in accordance with their wishes, and in the most tax efficient manner.
- Looking at ways of drawing the tax free cash out from a pension (maybe to pay off a mortgage early), whilst deferring or gradually phasing in the income.
So what do we do for them?
We help our clients in the lead to and at retirement identify these opportunities and take measures to address these concerns. The Efficient Wealth Planning Process will allow us to do this for you. We have offices in both Rutland (in Seaton) and in London, so one of our expert Financial Planners is never too far away.